How to Apply for D5 Render Educational Licence
D5 for Education is now open for application. For school faculty and students who major in architecture, design, landscape and 3d animation at a government-accredited educational institution, you can now enjoy a free access to the full features and assets of D5 Render for educational and research purposes.
- What are needed to apply: Edu email, student/teacher ID card and proof
- How long it takes to review: about 7-14 workdays
- When to bind the device: within 7 days after the application is approved
- How long the license is valid: each time 180 days
1 | Preparations
1. Register a D5 account
Please click here
to sign up first.
*Please note that you need an Edu email to sign up.
Then go to D5 official site > Product > D5 for Education
*We will send a notification to your email within 7-14 work days regarding whether the application has been approved or not. Please check it in time.
After the application is approved, your account will automatically upgrade from D5 Community to D5 Edu, which has access to all the features and assets.
2. Application Documentations
Apart from the basic info, you need to submit student/educator ID card and proof.
Please upload a proof letter issued by your school (or a screenshot of your enrollment in the school's management system) and the front and back photos of your student/educator ID card.
2 | How to Apply
1. Fill in the basic information
- Your name: please enter your full legal name.
- Name of academic institution: please enter the full official name of your school with no abbreviation.
- Expected graduation date/Document expiry date: please enter your expected graduation date/document expiry date.
*Different schools may have different time formats on the documentations. For instance, if a graduation date is specified, such as "September 2023 - June 2027", then you can directly fill in the graduation date as "June 2027". If no graduation date is mentioned, you can fill in the expected graduation date by adding 4 or 5 years to the enrollment date.
2. Upload documentations
Please upload the front and back of your student ID card and a student proof issued by your school. Images should be in .jpg or .png format, with each photo less than 10MB.
3. Fill in the additional information
The teacher's information filled in here will be used to verify the authenticity of the student information, so please fill in truthfully.
4. Read the caveats
Please read the notices carefully and tick to agree.
5. Submit your application
If you can't submit your application, please check if you have missed any required info or haven't ticked the agreements.
Our team will review your application within 7 work days and send a notification to your email address.
3 | How to Bind a Device
Please bind your device within 7 days after the application is approved. Otherwise, you will have to apply again.
Start D5 Render and click 'Login'.
After logging into your D5 Edu account, you can bind the device in the pop-up window.
During the period of validity, only one device can be bound to your Edu account. You can't change the device or some specific hardware.
After the Edu license expires, the binding will become invalid as well. So, you can bind a new device when applying again.
4 | Q&As
1. What's the difference between D5 Edu and D5 Pro?
With D5 for Education account, you can use all the D5 Pro features and assets.
2. Can my PC run D5 Render?
D5 Render requires raytracing-ready hardware. Your PC will go through a hardware test when first running D5.
The minimum system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10 v1809
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 6000 XT/Intel Arc A3
3. Why was my application declined?
Please check if there exists incomplete verification info/incorrect identity info/inconsistent identity info.
4. Why did I not receive the signup verification/application notice email?
These emails are automatically sent by the system. Please check if they are in your spam box.
5. You can't apply for D5 for Edu if your account is D5 Pro.
Please note that only a D5 Community account can apply for D5 Educational License. To check whether your account is D5 Pro (subscribed or gifted), please visit MySpace > Subscription