D5 Render 2.3 | Release notes | Free 3d render software
Round corner | AO and outline mode rendering | Optimized fog and cloud effectOptimized grass material | Landscape assets | Interior parallax models
New and improvements
- Round Corner
- Limit color bleeding option
- Thickness simulation for single sided transparent materials
- Outline mode
- AO (ambient occlusion) mode
- Level of Detail (LOD) switch
- Adjustable sun disk radius in Geo and Sky
- Color space transfer function for editing maps
- Optimized Cloud effect: thickness, density, and height
- Optimized Fog effect: height, falloff, and start distance
- Optimized Grass material: new templates, height, density, and trim
- Manual focus for DOF effect
- Enhanced denoising algorithm
- Optimized Material ID channel for linked materials
- Switch between world and local coordinate systems
- Sync pivot from modeling software
- Support continuous selection with material picker
- Support selecting materials behind other objects with material picker
- Animation control for dynamic models
- Smart placement of models
- Optimized orientation of plants on path tools
- Optimized vehicle path: left/right-hand drive, random color, light
- Support path tools for animal models
- Support adjusting parameters for multi-selected objects
- Support changing the stacking order of decals
- Support importing material maps in .tif /.tiff /.tga
- Support multi-selecting and batch importing PBR textures
- Support opening the file path of maps
- Support flip horizontal for HDRI
- Show estimated time remaining when rendering
- Support automatic change of brush radius adaptive to the screen scale
- New options to the menu: New Project, Open, Recent
- Optimized model replacing feature
- Optimized support of Alembic (.abc) models
- Optimized selection logic for grouped objects
- Optimized input slider
- Adjust the logic for lock operation
- Adjust the logic for multi-select operation
- Optimized interface of the benchmark test
- Support Intel Arc graphics cards and Xe Super Sampling (XeSS)
- Optimized scene statistics tool
- Added notifications for lack of space on the disk
- New high-quality static vegetation assets
- Crop assets
- Vine assets
- Succulent assets
- Interior Parallax assets
- New dynamic Asian characters
- Landscape assets for exterior scenes
- Stage light, downlight, and spotlight assets
- New landscape ground and wall materials
- New fountain and waterfall particles
- Optimized frequently-used vegetation assets
- Incorrect water reflection under fog and volume light
- Incorrect cloud effect in video rendering caused by keyframes
- Failure to load maps due to long file paths
- Unexpected collision between objects and models on paths
- Limited angle of random direction for models on path
- Limited filter list that is restricted inside D5 window
- Absence of thumbnails for some models in path property
1. Round Corner
You can create rounded edges with adjustable Radius inside D5 without going back to modeling.
2. Limit color bleeding option
With this option turned on, the material’s color in GI reflection will be calculated as gray, with the same brightness value, to avoid brightly colored materials with too strong a bleeding of color in the GI.
3. Thickness simulation for single sided transparent materials
For single-sided glass materials from different modeling software, turning on this option will simulate a double-sided effect, in order to get the correct refraction effect.
4. Outline mode
Turn on Outline mode to emphasize the outline of models in the scene. It supports adjusting the line color, transparency, changing width by distance, and the background color.
5. AO (ambient occlusion) mode
To check the AO of a scene, we added an AO mode rnderinge which supports customized AO Radius value. AO mode can either be directly rendered or output as the AO channel of images.
6. Level of Detail (LOD) switch
Turn it on, and the model details will decrease as the distance from the camera increases. In this way, rendering efficiency is improved.
7. Adjustable sun disk radius in Geo and Sky
Sun disk radius is now adjustbale in Geo and Sky, and to a certain extent, it also affects the softness of shadows. Meanwhile, the sunlight intensity stays the same.
8. Color space transfer function for editing maps
Expand the material map editing panel, you will find a Color Space Transfer Function, which has two options: Linear and sRGB(recommended for PBR texture).
9. Optimized Cloud effect: thickness, density, and height
The optimized cloud is divided into high-level and low-level cloud.
A cast shadow option is added. With it turned on, the clouds will cast shadows, which affects the lighting effect of the sun as well.
10. Optimized Fog effect: height, falloff, and start distance
Height: controls the generation position of fog in the vertical direction.
Falloff: controls the attenuation speed of fog in the vertical direction. The higher the value, the faster the falloff. The lower the value, the softer the transition of fog in the vertical direction.
Start distance: the generated distance from the fog to the position of the current viewing angle lens.
11. Optimized Grass material: new templates, height, density, and trim
To improve the grass material, we adjusted the grass model size, and increased the model quality of leaves.
12. Manual focus for DOF effect
Under Camera settings, turn on Depth of Field and set a focus, then the Follow Focus option will be enabled by default. If disabled, you can manually enter the focus distance value instead.
13. Enhanced denoising algorithm
The shadow details are improved when the realtime option is turned off in the preview mode with enhanced denoiser.
14. Optimized Material ID channel for linked materials
Linked/duplicated materials now share the same colors in the Material ID channel, which makes post production more convenient.
15. Switch between world and local coordinate systems
In the upper left corner of the viewport, a new scene control is added: the option to switch between local coordinate system (LCS) and world coordinate system (WCS).
16. Sync pivot from modeling software
Click on Sync Pivot, and the model’s origin point in modeling software will be synchronized.With this feature, you can customize objects’ own coordinates, and easily make door opening/closing animation.
17. Support continuous selection with material picker
After activating the material picker using the mouse or the shortcut key i , you can continuously select different materials in the scene, instead of exiting the material picker immediately after selection.
18. Support selecting materials behind other objects with material picker
When the material picker is activated, you can press Alt to select materials located behind the current one (Deep select). Now we can select materials underneath each other, penetrating 2 layers of materials at most.
19. Animation control for dynamic models
An animation control is added for dynamic models from D5 assets library, which supports customizing play mode, offset, speed and animation range.
20. Smart placement of models with presets
You can use shortcut keys to scale or rotate the model before placing it into the scene.
Rotate: press shortcut key R to rotate the model around the Z-axis. The object is rotated by 90 degrees each time. Hold down the R key and drag the mouse to draw a circle around the object to control the rotation direction of the object as well.
Scale: press shortcut key C to adjust the size of the object. The object is enlarged by 10% each time. Hold down the C key and drag the mouse left or right to scale the model down or up.
21. Optimized orientation of plants on path tools
All the plants drawn by path are placed along the tangent direction of the path by default.This change will not apply to archives from previous versions.
22. Optimized vehicle path
The vehicle path has some new parameters including random colors for cars, and car lights on/off for all the cars on the path.
23. Support path tools for animal models
Now the path tools support animal models from D5 asset library.
24. Support adjusting parameters for multi-selected objects
For different types of objects that are multi-selected, such as light + model, or point light + spotlight, their adjustable parameters will display in the Inspector including location, rotation, size and other information for such objects.
25. Support changing the stacking order of decals
You can right click on decals from the resource list and change their stacking order by selecting “Bring to Front” or “Send to Back”.
26. Support importing material maps in .tif /.tiff /.tga
Supported file formats for texture maps now: .png / .jpg / .bmp / .tif / .tiff / .tga
27. Support multi-selecting and batch importing PBR textures
In material Inspector, a new button Batch Import PBR Textures is added to enable you to select multiple maps and have inserted into corresponding slots automatically.
28. Support opening the file path of maps
When editing maps of materials, now we can right click on them > File Location, to open the file path and find the map.
29. Support flip horizontal for HDRI
A flip horizontal feature is added for HDRI. Besides, we fixed the problem that the imported HDRI was auto-flipped.
30. Show estimated time remaining when rendering
31. Support automatic change of brush radius adaptive to the screen scale
The brush radius is set to automatically adapt to the screen size. For small areas, move the camera closer and use a smaller scale brush. For large scenes with wider coverage of plants, such as aerial view rendering, as we move the camera away from the object, the brush will have a larger scale.
32. New options to the menu
Three new options (New Project, Open and Recent) have been added to the Menu > File. Also, when editing a scene, use the shortcut key Ctrl + N or Ctrl + O to open another project or start a new one.
33. Optimized model replacing feature
When you replace a group, all objects inside the group would be replaced as a whole.You can now multi-select some objects then replace them. In this way, each object will be replaced separately. Models with linked materials will keep their links after getting replaced.Replacement feature supports more object types: .abc, .d5a groups, decals, particles... (light and path tools not yet supported)
34. Optimized support of Alembic (.abc) models'The compatibility, stability and speed of .abc file import is improved.
35. Optimized selection logic for grouped objects
For grouped objects, if you want to select one of the models inside, double click on it or hold Alt then select it. After that, now you can continue to select other objects individually, instead of selecting the whole group.
36. Optimized input slider
The sliding behavior of the input slider is optimized, and the parameters such as rotation support the circular display of values.
37. Adjust the logic for lock operation
In D5 Render 2.3, when an object is locked, it cannot be directly selected by single clicking in the scene. But all parameters and settings on the menu of resources list or Inspector are available, not locked anymore.
38. Adjust the logic for multi-select operation
In D5 Render 2.3, the group and multi selection actions are completely separated. Now, multi selection will preserve the independence of each object, and the operation after multi selection is considered as batch operation. For example, when rotating a group, the group will rotate as a whole and revolve around the group’s pivot point; when rotating multi-selected objects, each object rotates along its own axis.
39. Optimized interface of the benchmark test
The interface of the benchmark test is optimized, which shows more information about the hardware and system configuration.
40.Support Intel Arc graphics cards and Xe Super Sampling (XeSS)
D5 Render 2.3 supports Intel Arc A3/A5/A7 series GPU and automatically applies Xe Super Sampling (XeSS) technology according to the graphics card.
41. Optimized scene statistics tool
Go to Menu > View > Show Statistics, to check the resources usage and scene statistics. The displayed data of the new version is changed from the GPU utilization rate to the video memory occupation, and the RAM usage is also added.
42. Added notifications for lack of space on the disk
When updating the program, saving files, and downloading assets, D5 checks whether there is enough space left. If there is not enough space on the disk, a notification will pop up in order to avoid possible problems. When prompted, please clean the disk space in time to ensure the program can work normally.
43. New high-quality static vegetation assets
More than 60 high-precision static plants are added, which are originally made by D5 Works team with high-definition scanned textures, including osmanthus, maple, camphor, Chinese tallow, ginkgo, elm, beech, and others.
44. Crop assets
252 crop assets are added, including common grain crops such as rice, wheat, corn and potato, and common vegetables such as tomato, lettuce and spinach.
45. Vine assets
93 vine assets are added, including tripterygium, wisteria, glucose, parthenocissus, ivy, and more.
46. Succulent assets'99 succulent assets are added, including sedum pachyphyllum, bergamot palm, ebony, and more.
47. Interior Parallax assets
45 interior parallax assets are added, including commercial and residential types, with adjustable parameters like lighting, light intensity, and position of elements.
48. New dynamic Asian characters
New 3D-scanned Asian characters are added to D5 assets library under Model > Character > Casual. We are going to bring more original character assets to the library soon.
49. Landscape assets for exterior scenes
67 new outdoor/landscape components are added.
50. Stage light, downlight, and spotlight assets
32 common types of downlight and spotlight are added.
51. New landscape ground and wall materials
239 commonly used landscape materials are added.
Common outdoor ground paving materials, such as stone floor tiles, grass planting bricks, blind road bricks, and more.
Ground and wall materials, such as anti-corrosion wood, red tiles
52. New fountain and waterfall particles
6 new fountain and waterfall particles are added
Customizable parameters: stream, gravity, transparency, emitting angle and others.
53. Optimized frequently-used vegetation assets
We optimized the overall shapes, vertex color and translucent effect of leaves for some commonly used vegetation assets including Chinese locust, Nanyang Jacaranda, peach tree, long mangrove, mangosteen, Rhododendron, Linden.